Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Story

For years I have loved meeting new people, and finding ways to help them. Perhaps it is the nature of the farm boy in me - but I just can't help wanting to help others. In my case, likely the best help I can bring is by saying,

"Did you know so and so, does this? I bet she can help you out."
or, "Hey, that company has a job opening, you'd be a great fit."
and there is, "hey, let's all get together for drinks later."

I love working with people, I love finding out what makes them tick, I love knowing what they do, and eventually helping them put their talents to good use. This is why I created Aggie-Lance! To me, there is no greater satisfaction than watching others succeed after having helped them along the way.

Not long ago, I decided I wanted to use the power of the internet to help connect people. Additionally, when I created Aggie-Lance I kept our most sacred industry in mind - agriculture. I designed it to help connect agriculture based businesses with people that can help them out. That is why it is absolutely free to post your every day tasks, or contract work on our website. We also made it very affordable for those placing bids on that work. (Plus its free membership for a year to sign up before August 1, we'll only charge the base job fee when you win a bid)

This site is new, the idea isn't. There are dozens of websites that help connect freelancers with all kinds of jobs. But we're the only one that focuses specifically on the greatest industry on earth - Agriculture.


P.S. interested in blogging for Aggie-Lance? I'd love to hear your idea. email: mark@aggielance.com

No comments: